Monday, April 27, 2009

The Outlaws

I spend a lot of time online in the mommy "cyber community." Between the two dozen or so blogs I read and the bulletin boards I am a member of I see a whole lot of discord between women (and men too... not to shortchange my daddybloggers) and their inlaws. I am well aware of how lucky I am. My inlaws are without a doubt the nicest people I have ever met. They have welcomed me from day one as a member of their family and have never been critical or made me feel out of place. It is obvious to everyone that meets them that they are down to earth, dependable and 100%, without a doubt, honest to a fault. My mother in law puts flowers in our room whenever I visit and always goes out of her way to make me feel welcome. She's been having a hard time lately but hasn't let that get in the way of her efforts to show how much she cares for her family. Family is always first. There are those that put up a front, obsessed with keeping up appearances. But then there are those like Momma C and Bill Daddy that actually walk the walk. They have passed their solid ethics on to their children and God willing we will be able to pass it on to ours. We are so blessed to have them in our lives and I could not think of anyone I'd rather have as grandparents for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment