Friday, May 29, 2009
Tears, screams, tantrums, flailing limbs
It's past their bedtime
Stanley Cup Finals
Hossa I think you screwed up
Go Pittsburgh Penguins
It is very long
With no hope of getting done
Husband's to do list
Stepped in something wet
Who the hell peed on the floor
Way too many cats
My darling children
I love you so very much
Please sleep through the night
Thursday, May 28, 2009
1. I refuse to kill anything, it makes me feel way too guilty. I don't let other people kill things in my house either, karma people.
2. I am very very very squeamish
3. I take a picture of each of my children every day, God bless digital cameras
4. I dislike raw tomatoes
5. I am a grocery store nerd. I love checking out new stores. I wish I lived near a Publix, they are awesome.
6. I don't wear make up, I am too lazy and I have no idea what I'm doing
7. I was on jury duty once for over three months
8. I am scared of depths but heights don't really bother me
9. I didn't pass my driver's test on the first try. A school bus put on its lights RIGHT as I was passing it and I didn't have time to stop. The tester disagreed. Since then I have always been VERY paranoid when I see a school bus. F'real that kid would've had to jump out of a moving bus to be in danger...
10. I must have Chap stick with me at all times.
11. When I get stressed out my feet hurt. I'm not sure what's up with that one.
12. There were only 3 people in my senior class in high school
13. I'm very weird about medicine. I get a little nervous even taking Tylenol.
14. I love going to the beach, but don't particularly care for the sand. I prefer to sit on the deck and just look at it.
15. I wasn't allowed Happy Meals or Play Doh when I was a kid. My daughter gets both as often as she wants. Yes she gets the Play Doh in the carpet and no I do not care. :)
16. I can follow two conversations at the same time as a result of growing up in the same house as my parents who talk at the same time
17. I used to love candles, incense and scented lotion but since having kids can't stand the smell for the most part.
18. Only one room in my house still has white walls and I have plans for those.
19. I have only seen one episode of American Idol
20. I haven't been inside a movie theater in almost 2 years
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Your blender is located on your back porch so that drinks can be made after the little ones fall asleep without waking anyone.
Even though your wallet has tons of spaces for cards etc, everything is crammed into the large section because your toddler has taken everything out so many times and left it on the floor you're tired of putting it back.
You do at least two loads of laundry a day. And that's a slow day.
You have about a hundred magnets that go on the fridge, but the majority of them are on the kitchen floor. Why is it so fun to throw them on the floor? I hope to be able to get an answer on that one of these days.
Finding chicken nuggets on the floor of your car isn't the least bit unusual.
Your home is a veritable wind tunnel of white noise to prevent this one from waking that one from waking you.
You consider a good night's sleep anything over four hours.
You haven't had a bath that was over 100 degrees in months because you are usually sharing it with someone two feet tall. Adding insult to injury are the fifty bath toys in the tub with you. And occasionally stickers. And occasionally food.
It takes you a minimum of thirty minutes to get out the door to do anything, even walk to the mailbox.
You have a minivan and are able to fully realize what a fantastic invention it was.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
So, sometime around 4:45 Mr. Matthews calls to say he's running late but will be here shortly. I think to myself, hmm better go ahead and get dinner going in case I get stuck talking to him a bit. I started a big pot of water for the noodles and preheated the oven. I also ran the Peanut's bath so it would be ready for us. Then I started on a quick white sauce. No problem. I see Mr. Matthews has driven up and I hear him talking to Weebles through the screened in porch. He yelled to me that he was going under the house to check things out and he'd be in soon. Great. Weebles was happily playing on the porch. Mom was holding Peanut. I run into the living room to grab the checkbook to the equity line off the mantle where I last remember seeing it. I had gotten it out Friday thinking that the A/C would be finished then and I'd need it but of course no such luck there. I can't find it. Uh.Oh. Hmm ok. Mr. Matthews lets himself in and starts trying to talk to me. I remember nothing about what he said because I was busy thinking oh shit oh shit where did I put the damn checkbook. I ran into the kitchen and saw the white sauce was bubbling so I switched it off. I started to sift through the massive pile of replaced register covers, catalogs, baby clothes, painting supplies and anything else you can imagine that has decided to magically cover my kitchen island and desk. Seriously where did all this crap come from? Is it always so crazy messy in here? The Weebles runs up to me MOMMY MOMMY UP UP she said anxiously. She's nervous around strangers these days. I tried explaining to her that mommy was busy right that minute and couldn't she go play elsewhere? Meanwhile Matthews is still prattling on about something but I can't hear him all of a sudden because my baby decides to start screaming his tiny little head off. Really it was reminiscent of the colic days. I don't know what in the bejesus got into him. I frantically called Andrew to see if he knew where the checkbook was but couldn't hear a word he said over the screaming. To make a long story short, this went on for a solid twenty minutes while Matthews suggested that he could take a credit card... yeah buddy, I have a credit card with over $4k on it. Weebles screaming UP UP MOMMY and hugging on my legs, Peanut wailing, me calling Andrew over and over asking if there was any other way I could pay the man all the while throwing all manner of clutter around looking for the elusive checkbook. I run back in the kitchen to ask Matthews if he'd be okay with Andrew dropping off a check at his business to find the man at my stove stirring my white sauce. He said "uh I turned it off, it was boiling over" HUH? I thought I turned it off. He said he thought it had burned "whatever it was.." Sigh. I had turned off the damn water for the noodles instead. OKDOKIE, square one on dinner then. I grabbed my wailing son and ran into my closet to look one more time on my desk. Sure enough under an envelope of ultrasound pictures I found the stupid checkbook. How did it get UNDER ultrasound pictures? I know I haven't looked at those lately. Ugh. I literally cried when I saw it. Meanwhile Matthews was helpfully looking through things too. "Hey lady I found a checkbook" he said. Thanks buddy, that's for my checking account. Again... no four thousand dollars there. I scribbled out a check as he was saying "I commend you lady" After he left I noticed there were three bottles of liquor right near the stove that were out when my inlaws were in town this past weekend. Sigh.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
I nurse Weebs down to sleep. At night Andrew is able to take her up to her room and tuck her in. I am not up to the challenge on a regular basis so I let her nap on my bed. When both kids nap in my room the Weebles naps about an hour and a half. When the Peanut is out of the room and out of earshot, she naps about three hours.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Me: What are you doing with those?
Andrew: Covering up the plants. They are calling for a frost tonight. Don't worry, I'll wash them when I bring them back in.
This afternoon I was attacking the pile of cardboard that has accumulated in my garage thanks to my little online shopping addiction. What did I find but a giant box full of damp musty beach towels? Hmph.
1 am The Peanut wakes up to eat. I plop him in bed beside me, feed him and doze back off.
2 am The Weebles calls out over the monitor. I tuck the Peanut back into his crib while Andrew goes to fetch her. I snuggle her back to sleep.
3 am The Peanut wakes up again. I think he must've been cold because this is unusual. I drag myself out of bed and nurse him while I check out Facebook. Big mistake. Do NOT look at the internet while awake in the middle of the night. It got my brain going around in circles and I laid awake for an hour.
4:30 am The Weebles has moved over so close to me I can't move. I've had one cat sleeping on my pillow all night and another sleeping in the center of the bed on top of the covers so I can't pull any over to cover up with. The Peanut starts to fuss again. At this point I manuever my foot around the cat and kick Andrew and tell him to go calm him down. I wake up again at 5:45 to the sound of the baby crying in the living room. It seems poor husband has been up the whole time bouncing the little guy and trying to convince him to go back to sleep. I take Peanut and settle him in bed with me (on Andrew's side since there's some room over there) and everyone goes back to sleep.. for about 15 minutes until cats start making a ruckus to be fed. Finally at 6:30 Andrew gives up and gets up to start the day. I stay in bed with both peacefully sleeping children for another half hour or so then get up. As my dad likes to say "doesn't it feel good to be so needed?"
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
* I was eating some toast and Weebles saw me. Toast Toast she insisted. So, I got up and made her a piece of toast. All the while she stood there in front of the toaster yelling and screaming TOAST TOAST TOAST as though her very life depended on getting that piece of toast. Finally it was done and I handed it to her. HOT! She said and dropped it. And that was that.
* This morning I set her ball pit back up. The one with 200 plastic balls. Who on earth had that bright idea? Anyway she was frantic for me to get them all in the tent. Because, you know, she had dumped all 200 of them out on the floor while I was setting the damn tent up instead of waiting and dumping them in the tent. As soon as I got them all in she happily threw herself in with them. Immediately she got agitated and started screaming OUT OUT and throwing all 200 back out of the tent on the floor. Once they were out she looked at me pitifully and said Help ? Help ? To put them back in. Nosiree, I don't think so.
The tantrums in general. OhmyGOD the tantrums. I took some video the last couple of days. We have a new thing where every day after naptime is a good half hour cry and throw ourselves on the floor-fest. I can't figure out what is going on there.
It seems like for every action there is an opposite and equally intense reaction. Everything that makes her really happy these days then causes a total fit when it is over. A trip to the park? Pure glee until time to go and then we must endure screaming as though she is being poked by hot needles. Popsicle for snack? Once it is gone and she realizes her demands for mo' mo' aren't going to be met she instantly goes face down on the floor howling. But the most puzzling is the tantrums where she really really wants something and as soon as I give it to her she acts disinterested. She must've asked me for yogurt fifty times this morning before I could get to the fridge and hand it to her. Then she set it down and walked off. Wonder how long this phase lasts?
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Weebles : WAAA NUGGETS NUGGETS! WAAAAAA! NUGGETS!
Peanut: AWA, AWA, AWAAAA
Me: Nuggets are coming honey, I promise. It's okay baby, we'll be home soon. Thanks have a nice day!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Since we have been dealing with our first real sickness, I have been spending way too much time with the googles trying to figure out what might be wrong. The list of possibilities is scary. Of course it could just be a run of the mill virus like the advice nurse suggested. The fact that the Weebs seems to be feeling so much better today is helping me to believe that. Another sign that it isn’t something really serious is that now I am feeling sick too. It’s funny how that queasy feeling constantly sends little pings to my brain… a flashback to the last two summers. I have to keep reminding myself that this time I’m NOT pregnant. THAT would be serious indeed.. the mere thought makes me feel a little sick….
Monday, May 4, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
Enjoying the beautiful weather and many days in a row with Andrew and the ohsowonderful grandparents. The kids are having a great time and as all momma's know if the kids are happy its not too hard to assume we're happy too. I'm looking forward to catching up on everyone's blog though, not having high speed is killin' me.