Friday, August 14, 2009

For better or for worse?

So this morning. This morning was the first time I can remember where I honestly considered leaving my husband. Nosomuch on a permanent basis, but for a few days to cool off and hopefully get the point across that asshat behavior is not to be tolerated. I had put away most of the laundry directly out of the dryer because if I don't do that and I put it in a basket or on the bed you can just forget about it ever making it to the closet. I'll wear wrinkled stuff until its almost all gone then I'll just throw the rest back in the hamper and start all over. Anyway, so there were only a few things left in there. Things that couldn't be folded. Things like, oh say, dress socks. Now, I don't wear dress socks. Or really any socks 90% of the year as I'm a barefoot kinda gal. So it is safe to assume these all belonged to the tall member of the family. So I was distracting the kids this morning so husband could get ready for work. He left the room and came back with a pair of socks. I wondered and then figured the ones he likes must have still been in the dryer. Fair enough, weird but not unusual for him. Later on I went to put the sheets in the dryer and lo there were about eight other dress socks in there. Nothing else. Just damn dress socks. WTF!?!? So he deliberately picked up 2 out of 10 socks and walked directly back to his closet to put them on. The closet where his EFFN dress socks live out their days when they are off duty. He shouldn't be the least bit surprised when he gets home from work to find all his socks on the lawn. Nope, not a bit surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment