Saturday, August 22, 2009

Engagement Fun

Today was the big day for Gypsi and Derek's engagement party. I endlessly debated what would be best in terms of a get together. I thought I had settled on having it outdoors on my parents' brick patio and had even set the menu with a caterer and ordered invitations. Then at the last minute I chickened out on the idea. How would I be sure how many plates to rent? What if it was a million degrees? What if it rained? All of that plus the fact the bartending company never got me a final quote led me to return to my original idea, having it in a restaurant somewhere. There are surprisingly few restaurants in the area that would work I found. I worried a sit down dinner would be a little too stuffy for the crowd we were inviting. As it turned out a reception at a restaurant seemed to be just the thing. Everybody appeared to have a good time and you'd better believe I was breathing a sigh of relief that we weren't outside when it ended up storming all day. Now on to the bridal showers!

1 comment:

  1. It was perfect! Thank you so much. We couldn't have asked for a better day.

    ReplyDelete