Thursday, March 19, 2009

Who's your Daddy?

One of the things I am proudest of is that I chose the world's best dad for my kids. Really, without a doubt, there is no better father than Andrew. Weebles and Peanut are so lucky to have him. He never loses his patience. Seriously, never. Those that know me know all too well that patience is not one of my strong suits. I have been known on many occasions to throw bigger tantrums than my toddler and my intolerance for delayed gratification is probably worse than hers too. Andrew will always be there willing to play, ready to make up a new verse to a song or new rules to a game. He is the master when it comes to distractionary measures which any parent can tell you is invaluable, at least when they are still small. He's fair, honest to a fault and will always put their best interests first. He's pushed the Weebles in the stroller hundreds of miles to help her fall asleep, even in the rain on occasion. He's read thousands of stories and taken hundreds of bubble baths. He's built forts, played in the ocean when it was probably too cold to do so, slept in a chair so he could hold the Peanut when he didn't want to be put down and pretty much kept his mouth shut as I have spent thousands of dollars on toys, books and clothes for them. And perhaps more impressive than anything else, he's kept their mom from teetering over the fine line into craziness. So for all that I am very grateful. Don't worry though honey, I'll still keep bringing up how you fell asleep while I was in labor.



No comments:

Post a Comment