Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh I thought you used Decaf...

So last night was my first night doing bedtime "alone" with both kids. The reason I say "alone" is because my parents came over for dinner to keep me company but unfortunately aren't much help when it comes to bathtime or nursing children into sleepyville. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to make it work with two baths to negotiate since The Peanut has this policy against sleeping or being put down peacefully until his sister is in the bed hearing bedtime stories. He must just love a good bedtime story, who can blame him? But things went surprisingly well. After his bath he hung out in the bathroom on his play mat while The Weebles had hers. Then I decided to let her go hang out with her grandparents while The Peanut got his milks on. After tucking him in I was patting myself on the back as I rushed to fetch The Weebles before he could realize that bedtime stories weren't in progress. I found my daughter sitting happily on the couch with her grandma watching O'Reilly and holding mom's empty tea glass. Mom announced, a little too proudly, "she's had a lot of tea". Um.. excuse me? Geez mom don't you think caffeine before bed (or anytime for someone her age) might be a bad idea? Pause. Pause. "Oh, I thought you used decaf." Now, we've already made the switch to unsweet tea in the name of health over here. If we also went decaf there's no point in drinking it at all. Sigh. Luckily she wasn't up half the night. Well... any more than usual anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment