Monday, March 9, 2009

The Days are long but the years are short...

I read that somewhere recently and truer words may have never been spoken. Each day I wake up with the same goal, to survive until Andrew gets home. I love our nights. Dinner with the kids, bathtime (always lots of fun) and then snuggles and storytime until they fall asleep. The problem is that I basically rush through the majority of our days and boy do some of them drag on! Not only does my daughter look more and more like a little girl instead of my baby every day but my newborn isn't new born anymore either. He's nearly 2 1/2 months old and in the blink of an eye he'll be sitting up, crawling, driving the car.. you get the idea. I need to stop and remember every lunchtime, every meltdown, every shopping trip that this is my life with them. We'll never have this day again and tomorrow they'll be a little bigger, a little more grown up and a little closer to being on their own. And I will miss every second I had with them and wish for them all back.

No comments:

Post a Comment