Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I have taken the first day of spring as a challenge to get this house organized. Well... that and we have some major room shuffling to do since our son still doesn't have a bedroom ahem... I had counted on The Peanut loving to cosleep as much as his big sister and he doesn't really seem to care one way or the other about it so far. I figure he'll be moving to a room of his own much sooner than she did. So we started this weekend by breaking down and recycling approximately 400 cardboard boxes that housed the ridiculous amount of online shopping I have done in the last month or two. We also took pretty much everything out of two of our attics and have sorted through most of it creating a huge donate pile as well as quite a bit of things to throw out. It's amazing how unimportant some things seem once you have kids. High school mementos? Eh really am I ever going to miss looking back at these notes I passed in Algebra? Nah. Tons of clothes, books, and household items are going out the door and I am already feeling saner. Today I've ripped apart the laundry room and gotten it in order. To show for all our hard work we have one totally organized attic, two pretty much empty attics and a house that looks like a tornado hit it. I'm hoping that it's really not that bad and that if I can just finish up a couple of things that items will start to fall into place... that is how it works right? The inlaws are coming this weekend... what was I thinking starting such a big project? Eeek. I guess I can always just cram everything back in the attic...

No comments:

Post a Comment