Sunday, July 5, 2009

Squeeee

I can't even be bothered to try to contain my excitement. My closest friend got engaged yesterday and I am so thrilled for her and her fiance (that word has always been weird to me, I called my husband my boyfriend until we got married, heh.) It seems like in our little social circle there hasn't yet been a whole lot of marriage and kids going on just yet. One of Andrew's friends is married with two children but that's about it. I could barely even sleep I was so excited last night. And we all know how crazy it is not to be able to sleep when given the chance. I was thinking about all the fun stuff that is to come and how I can't wait for Gypsi and Derek to have their day just the way they want it. It made me think about how precious a gift it is to have no reservations. I would undeniably still be very happy for them either way but it would be different if I wasn't quite sure they were perfect for each other. It wouldn't be quite as exciting if Andrew and I sat around saying, "Well I sure hope they are doing the right thing..." What a blessing to know how right it is and to be able to focus on the sheer eeeeep! of the whole thing. Now if I can just manage to not totally drive them bonkers. I feel like one of those crazy excited yappy dogs running around in circles.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are the best ever. I, too, feel like a yappy dog running around in circles, because I just want to run around my neighborhood, knocking on everyone's door and say, "WE'RE ENGAGED! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" It's so nice to have friends like you... to write blog posts and tweets and texts that make me cry. :)

    ReplyDelete