Monday, June 8, 2009

Oh so sleepy

I haven't had a good night's sleep in nearly three years. We're talking not more than four hours in a row and even that would be extremely rare. I discovered back when Andrew was in law school and I was working out every day and taking good care of myself that I really needed close to nine hours of sleep a night to function at my best. I honestly cannot imagine ever getting that much sleep again. During the two pregnancies I slept awful. Between having to get up to use the bathroom every 1-2 hours and the anxiety it's a wonder I had two healthy babies I slept so poorly. Both the kids nurse on demand. The Weebles still almost always wakes up once a night to nurse, sometimes not at all, but then again sometimes twice. The Peanut usually wakes me up around 1, 4 and then again at 6. He hadn't been going back to sleep after the 6 am wake up but now that he is in his own room I have been lying down on the couch with him and he'll sleep until almost 8. So if I add it up I usually sleep from 11-1, 1:30-3:30, 4:30-6, and then maybe from 6-7:30. So that is almost seven hours, but somehow broken up like that I just don't feel rested. I feel like I've been working all night, which in a way I guess I have. Does it ever get any easier? Since the Weebs is almost two I have to figure that factoring in the Peanut I'll be going at a pace similar to this for at least the next year and a half and by then there's a chance I'll be pregnant again. Sheesh. Caffeine please?

No comments:

Post a Comment