Friday, July 24, 2009

Not @BlogHer

Since I have no new posts from the majority of blogs I read I have been left with nothing else to do during naptime except pack clean put away laundry shred blog myself.

I've spent both yesterday evening and this morning trying out new recipes for the little pre-baptism breakfast we are hosting at the church. So far I'm 0 for 3. Sigh. The first recipe I tried was Mini Lemon Blueberry Muffins. I realized as I was making it that it seemed like a very little amount of sugar and also quite a lot of salt. The batter tasted like lemon PlayDoh. Can I say PlayDoh? Where is my Blogger Ethics manual? Lost? Well that's no surprise around here.

The second recipe was for Sausage Balls. I've seen these a million places but never made them. Paula Deen's recipe called for 4 cups cheese, 3 cups Bisquick to 1 lb sausage. I have one hell of a time trying to get all that cheese and Bisquick incorporated and ultimately did not succeed very well. When I baked them they ended up with one flat side because I didn't think to flip them every so often. I think I'll try them again but with less Bisquick and probably less cheese and see what happens.

The third recipe I had high hopes for. It takes Crescent roll dough and adds a cream cheese/sugar/lemon mixture with a spoonful of cherry pie filling on top. I'm not sure where things went wrong with this recipe. But they were not nearly as pretty or tasty as I'd hoped.

So I'm back to the drawing board. It is sort of an awkward situation whenever there is a breakfast like this because of the Weebles' egg allergy. I'd rather do everything myself rather than delegate because then I know everything will be safe for her. I try really hard to not eat things in front of her she can't have. Anybody have any good breakfast finger food recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment