Friday, June 12, 2009

Workin' It

Seems that the hot topic of the day in mommyblog land is SAHM vs WAHM vs W..wait what the hell is the acronym for mom that works full time away from home? Anyway... it seems that the various sides are each feeling that they have the toughest time of it. It really boils down to your personality and what works for you. Personally I feel that it is very important to raise my own kids full time. I don't feel that it is right for someone else to be doing the legwork raising my children. I want to be here when they scrape their knee or when they wake up from a nightmare. I want to be here when my little boy finally gets the hang of crawling. Are there days that I wish I could just hand the responsibility off to someone else and not have to worry about it? Try every single day. If I were at the office every day would I miss my kids? Hell yes. It's damned if you do & damned if you don't syndrome. That's why ALL moms have the hardest jobs on the planet. If we stay at home with our kids then we easily feel isolated and stifled. If we work full time we feel guilty and miss our kids. If we try to do both and work from home, then we feel like we're not doing either particularly well. That's the beauty of being a mommyblogger. We can cheer each other on. All of us. Because really do any of us have it easy? Maybe if I had a full time nanny...

No comments:

Post a Comment