Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Family matters

My family has had its share of drama. This one doesn't like that one and that one disapproves of this one and these two won't come to Thanksgiving if so and so is invited, yada yada yada. I've grown up with it and I'm just so used to it that any other way makes no sense. So I guess I'm what you might call experienced at this sort of thing. Everybody knows that where family is involved emotions run high. I don't even remember a time when I would have taken something someone told me as gospel without checking the facts and deciding for myself. That's how long ago it must have been. Even four year old me would have stepped back and said "woah woah, let me think this through" and figured out based on all the information I could get my preschooler hands on what must have happened rather than just saying "oh you're right and he's wrong? if you say so." Probably why I'm so jaded. It is always safer to get all sides of a story I've found because its a real bitch to blindly trust and then realize later you were taken for a ride by someone you loved. Then you feel not only betrayed but also stupid as hell for not thinking for yourself. Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment