Thursday, June 25, 2009

Terrible almost twos?

My daughter is about to straight up get on my nerves. Don't get me wrong, I still love her like a fat kid loves cake but she is in a downright difficult stage. Her waking time today has been spent more in tantrum mode than out of it. Everything in the world is out to frustrate her it seems. She doesn't understand why she can't have ice cream sandwiches for breakfast, but then again neither do I. She doesn't understand why I'd prefer she not get in the shower with me. And she definitely doesn't understand why I won't do her bidding instantly every second of the day. And by "doesn't understand" I mean her requests rapidly get louder and more panicked until she is outright wailing. Then after about 45 seconds of that she runs for her blankie and pitches herself on the floor. She even had a tantrum in her sleep this morning for crying out loud. After three or four minutes she eventually went back to sleep. I will definitely be glad when this stage is past us. Just in case I decided to take her to the mall and sneak away she wisely picked up saying "I wuff you mommy" in the last couple of days. The girl is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment