Monday, May 18, 2009

Sleep, or lack thereof

Most nights have been good around here lately. I haven't had to watch Oobi or Gullah Gullah Island in a couple of months, so that's progress. However, some nights are still quite challenging. Lucky for me I went to bed early last night because my evening went something like this:

1 am The Peanut wakes up to eat. I plop him in bed beside me, feed him and doze back off.
2 am The Weebles calls out over the monitor. I tuck the Peanut back into his crib while Andrew goes to fetch her. I snuggle her back to sleep.
3 am The Peanut wakes up again. I think he must've been cold because this is unusual. I drag myself out of bed and nurse him while I check out Facebook. Big mistake. Do NOT look at the internet while awake in the middle of the night. It got my brain going around in circles and I laid awake for an hour.
4:30 am The Weebles has moved over so close to me I can't move. I've had one cat sleeping on my pillow all night and another sleeping in the center of the bed on top of the covers so I can't pull any over to cover up with. The Peanut starts to fuss again. At this point I manuever my foot around the cat and kick Andrew and tell him to go calm him down. I wake up again at 5:45 to the sound of the baby crying in the living room. It seems poor husband has been up the whole time bouncing the little guy and trying to convince him to go back to sleep. I take Peanut and settle him in bed with me (on Andrew's side since there's some room over there) and everyone goes back to sleep.. for about 15 minutes until cats start making a ruckus to be fed. Finally at 6:30 Andrew gives up and gets up to start the day. I stay in bed with both peacefully sleeping children for another half hour or so then get up. As my dad likes to say "doesn't it feel good to be so needed?"

No comments:

Post a Comment