Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dr Wha?

I asked my pediatrician today about EMLA cream to help with the pain of vaccines. I'm not crazy about vaccines in the first place but I'll refrain from crawling up on my organic free range hippie soapnuts box for the time being. But, it seems to me if there are methods that can make it less traumatic for the kids then why not? She said that she was fine with writing a script for it but that I also might want to look into this really neat plastic thing called a shot blocker. Basically she said it goes over the shot site and puts pressure in spots that disrupt the pain signals. She went on and on about how neat it was. Meanwhile I just stared and nodded not knowing how to avoid the obvious question. If it is so great, WTF don't they use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment