Saturday, September 12, 2009

Slawter - Party of 4

Let's have a little word about food shall we? Cause I really do love food. I especially enjoy shopping for it and cooking it. It's my pal when I'm bored, or tired or stressed so really that equates to me loving it more than my firstborn because I'm pretty much always all three of those. So interwebs.. here is the question. What is there that is a.) tasty b.) healthy c.) not crazy expensive and d.) not really really REALLY time consuming to cook because, you know, I hate to take too much time away from twitter the kids.

I menu plan. Heh okay I EVERYTHING plan. I make lists of lists that I need to make. That's how many lists I have. So anyways, I plan out a week's worth of meals at the time and then do the entire week's shopping on Fridays. This is both good and bad I suppose. I do it because I just don't have the energy to run to the store every day or two with both kids in tow. However, I'm beginning to rethink that strategy because one big run with two kids is tough too, especially with cart space already at a premium. Also inevitably I decide half way through the week that I've already made the two or three things I thought sounded really good and that chicken can just stay in the freezer until next week... let's order a pizza. But the thought of deciding what is for dinner on the spot on a night by night basis is pretty scary too.

The take away of this post I guess is that something just ain't working with my system and I need a new one. Also, recipes are always welcome. I'm sooo ready for Crock Pot weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment