Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Case of the Mondays

So. Sooooo. First day back from a hella weekend on the road. Peanut woke up and had to be tucked back in FOUR times last night. One, two, three FOUR times. That's too many times. Then in the span of about eight minutes this morning :

1.) I caught Lily the cat peeing on Weebles' toddler bed that I had JUST made up with clean sheets and blankets. That cat freaking loves to pee on stuff fresh out of the dryer. She clearly is a high maintenance diva type. As I was ripping everything back off the bed, swearing at the cat while giving her the evil eye and shoving everything in the washer I hear the Weebles from the kitchen.. UT OH..

2.) Weebles had dumped the entire contents of her glass of milk over the kitchen table. It was waterfalling down over all four chairs and all over the floor. Well eff me runnin'... sigh. So I'm mopping that up when...

3.) I realize the Peanut has a dirty diaper. So's I throw all the dirty towels from the milk incident into the washer with everything else and head off to change his nappy. While he was on the changing table...

4.) Weebs casually walks in with Andrew's contact lens bottle in her mouth as though it was a sport bottle of some sort. Wha??? SHIT Off to call poison control. Give her plenty to drink, chuckle chuckle she'll be fine. Sigh.

Other notables? Well I made tea this afternoon and the pitcher wasn't up against the tea maker all the way so about half a gallon of tea went all over my counter, under my appliances, soaked an entire roll of paper towels and just nearly missed my laptop which I was using to research sloppy joe recipes. Also amusing was going to the garage to grab a bucket and bringing it in the house only to notice a petrified dead mouse in the bottom of it.

LOOK KARMA I GET IT ALREADY. Sheesh.

Sloppy joes were tasty though. Really tasty.

Mary's Tuesdays-that-are-Mondays-suck-worse-than-regular-Mondays Sloppy Joes

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp yellow mustard
1 cup (or more to desired consistency) ketchup
3 T brown sugar

Brown the beef with the onions and pepper. Drain. Add other ingredients and let simmer ten or fifteen minutes. I added a little bit of water to make 'em extra sloppy. I'll never use that canned stuff again.

No comments:

Post a Comment