Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Packing Up

I came to the harsh realization that I will never again (or at least for a very long time) be able to put off packing up all the Christmas decorations. The Peanut's birthday is Jan 2nd and while I can probably get away with leaving everything up until Jan 1, the 2nd is just a tad too late to have up a tree. So, tonight we began trying to chip away at the work to be done to get ready for the birthday party this weekend. As I put things in boxes I started to wonder about next year. Will the Weebles love being read Winnie the Pooh's Jingle Bells as much as she did this year? Will Olive the Other Reindeer get exclusive play in the van next year too? What will our children remember from this year to the next? Where will we be in our lives when I unpack her special "Jingle Bells" ponytail holder? It made me a little sad to be putting all these things away that have been such a focus of their little lives for the last two months or so. Christmas themed dishes, clothes, movies and bedtime stories have taken center stage. What if next year they aren't totally in love with Pooh anymore and the giant inflatable Santa Pooh we just got on clearance isn't such a big hit? It makes me a little sad to see them grow up so fast. By next year it isn't totally unreasonable to expect the Weebs to be in love with Barbie or Princesses (holy beans, please tell me Bratz don't come until much, MUCH later.) I'm not ready for Barbie and Princesses. I like Pooh Bear and Wow Wow. Mama isn't ready for all of this, stay little awhile longer please babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment