Monday, September 14, 2009

Nap strike

It seems my two year old has decided she no longer wants to take a nap in the middle of the day. Please excuse me while I wipe the tears in my eyes... seriously. I am praying this is just a temporary thing because mama NEEDS that nap like a fish needs water. She really needs it too. The days she hasn't napped she has gone down hard after dinner and most of the late afternoon/evening she is a beast to deal with. Another change I suppose is that I have stopped trying everything in my power to get her to sleep. I used to would lie down with her as long as it took but with a much more active baby in the house I just can't justify leaving him strapped into his bouncy seat watching TV any longer than necessary. So a few stories and a few minutes of cuddles and that's it. I'm up with a promise to come check on her. That actually worked one day but it hasn't worked since. I'm sort of at a loss. Until then I've been making her stay in the bed for at least an hour even if she is reading books and singing. It certainly isn't the same for me as having her asleep, but at least it is something.

No comments:

Post a Comment